Monday, March 12, 2012

Enjoying the Winter Farmer's Market

My plans were to keep up posting here regularly, but we know life doesn't always go as planned.  I have been through the wringer, and hopefully it will be coming to an end soon.  I am having a tonsillectomy this Friday, and a biopsy to my lymph-nodes.  I cannot wait for this to be over and done with so I can enjoy the Spring weather with Aidan, and hopefully get back into the kitchen, full force.



 






I was feeling okay a few weeks ago, so Batman (Aidan) and I ventured out to Newburyport Winter Farmer's Market .   The weather was great, and so were the vendors.  Aidan really enjoyed the music, and the others visiting the market really enjoyed Batman.  I got a delicious Chai, and Aidan and I got  lunch from Kellie Brook Farm.  I had the pulled pork sandwich, and Aidan had the hot dog, all made locally from their natural pigs.  They are located in Greenland, New Hampshire.



Aidan and I both loved their meat so much that I bought a Pork Roast to Bring home to make our own pulled pork.  That too, was amazing.  It was an all out good day.


We left there with some local apples, some delicious quinoa salad, that even my picky eater liked, and a homemade smores.  I can't wait to feel better and get back out to enjoy the Winter Farmer's Market.  I would like to check out the Salem, NH Winter Market.  I think Aidan and John will enjoy it, and we can check out some different vendors.  Here are some pictures from our great Sunday outing!   The pulled pork was delicious.  I wish I got a picture of the finished product.  Just thinking about it, is making me yearn to get back there, and fast to get some more pork from Kellie Brook Farms.  I know Aidan would love to have another of their great hot dogs, no additives either.  : )
Pulled pork going into the crockpot!
Aidan enjoying Quinoa Salad from Figtree Cafe & Catering.  They are in Rollinsford, NH.  I'm gonna make it a goal to check out the different markets in our area.  I did go to the Lawrence Farmer's Market once, and did not like it at all.  It could've been a bad day, maybe we will give  it another try this year. 


No comments:

Popular Posts