Thursday, July 21, 2011

I decided to start blogging again!

I have a lot to say.  I love reading blogs, and books, sharing reviews and products, and letting others I know about the stuff I am trying and learning about.  It has been a long time since I have blogged at all and I am sure as I get used to blogger there will be some changes on my blog as I go.  I need to figure out how to have my header on top of the page, and I definitely have a lot of pictures to share.  What a better time to start a blog than when I am laid up on the couch recooperating.  I have a nice stack of books by my side to keep me company.  I want to find out how to do product reviews for cookbooks.  We use a bunch of them, and we have our favorites, but we love trying new recipes as a family and are enjoying using our new ingredients from Farmer Dave's CSA.  We have been using Simply in Season a lot to help us make use of our bounty.  We have purchased a few new canning cookbooks, and so far have been using Put Em Up by Sherri Brooks Vinton.  You can find it on Amazon.com here.  http://www.amazon.com/Put-Up-Comprehensive-Preserving-Creative/dp/1603425462.  Aidan and I have made the Classic Strawberry Preserves, Watermelon Rind Pickles, and Cherry Preserves, and so far all have been great.  I need to get a new pressure canner, and stock up on some canning jars.  I also have my eye on a few new cookbooks.  For now, John is doing all of the cooking etc, until I am able to get back to my regular routine.  I am lucky to have him.

No comments:

Popular Posts